Mail us on: BusinessPartnership@runnymede.gov.uk
Did you know there is a school bus service that:
• Ensure that your child or children understand the Yellow Bus Code of Practice, the safety rules and procedures, and their individual responsibilities as passengers on the service, as detailed above.
• Ensure that you inform the school as well as Yellow Bus control, if your child will not be using the Yellow Bus, whether this is a temporary change, for example due to illness, or a permanent change of circumstances.
• It is also important to communicate safety concerns to the school and report any instances of bullying and/or bad behaviour should it occur.
• Ensure that your children have a valid and up to date Yellow Bus pass. Students without a pass will not normally be allowed to travel.
Your views are very important to us. If you have any concerns or issues you would like to raise about the service, please contact Runnymede Borough Council on 01932 425272
Each school will:
• Collect the Yellow Bus fares in advance from parents/students (per week/month/term), and issue Yellow Bus passes to each student registered to use the service.
• Register student absences and inform First Group if a child will not be travelling or has not travelled on the service for any reason.
• Maintain a list of students registered to use the service, and inform Runnymede Borough Council of any changes.
• Deal with student behaviour issues reported on the service, and administer the appropriate discipline or action required.
• Register your children on the service, and find out about routes and timetables.
• Provide details of any change of address.
• Change the bus stop or bus your children would like to use (for example if you have changed address, or if your children would like to travel with a friend on another bus).